Everything for the garden with your own hands - the best ideas and useful tips
Each gardener tries to decorate his site not only with the help of green spaces, but also with various figures, fountains, small flower beds and tracks. The owner creates coziness and beauty in the garden. Fortunately, in our time it is not difficult to equip the territory. You can purchase finished products for decorating the site.
But cute hand-made crafts in the garden look much more interesting and natural. After all, there will be no analogues of the gardener's creative creations. It is possible to equip the site from improvised materials intended for disposal. From wood, stone, plaster, car tires and unnecessary flowerpots, you can create wonders of landscape design. Design solutions will be limited only by the gardener's imagination. This material will tell the owner of the site how to make various figures to decorate the garden, organize interesting paths, break unusual flower beds and decorate fabulous ponds with their own hands.
- Earthen path: it all starts with a path
- Monolithic canvases
- Swiss trail
- We break fabulous flower beds
- Unusual body of water - the highlight of the garden
- Garden figures - an exquisite addition to the decor
Any garden plot starts with a path. Guests and just neighbors-gardeners go to the house and stroll through the territory, evaluating, first of all, the appearance of decorative paths. It is not difficult to make a reliable, comfortable and beautiful track with your own hands. However, the process of laying the path depends on the gardener's imagination. This can be a monolithic path, a path made of wooden elements or a Swiss type of walkway - placing stones at each step. Everything will depend on the time the grower has and the budget.
One of the simplest options is to backfill the already existing earthen paths, laid as you trampled down. Such moves are a familiar phenomenon at any summer cottage. Their first problem is puddles and moisture accumulating in them. It is very easy to eliminate flooding of such natural paths.
You can add decorativeness and stability to the paths with the help of sand and gravel.
First of all, it is necessary to make water outlets in places where puddles usually form. Then the soil is covered with sand and gravel. The sides of the path are decorated with stones or plantings perennial flowers... A decorative curb-barrier will protect the path from water accumulation and give it a well-groomed look.
One of the most reliable and beautiful types of paths is filling the path with a cement-concrete mixture, followed by shaping the canvas. In this case, you will have to tinker, but the result is worth it. The path will delight the owner for many years. To organize such a path, you need:
- Remove the top layer of soil - about 10-15 cm.
- The bottom of the resulting trench is covered with a construction cushion - sand, gravel / or crushed stone.
- The sides of the track are limited to boards or other materials.
- Such paths should be made with a slope so that water does not stagnate on the canvas. Typically, the slope is 2 to 6 cm, depending on the length of the blade.
- Before pouring concrete, be sure to arrange a reinforcing layer. This will prevent the track from cracking or deforming over time.
- After the concrete has been laid, you can use a special shape to give patterns to the canvas. This will make the track look much more interesting.
- The form can be bought or made by yourself.
Another easy way to decorate the trail on the site is by laying stones - the Swiss trail. A deepening is made under each stone and covered with a building pillow. A stone is installed on it. The distance between the stones will be equal to one step. They should not be above ground level. In between you can sow lawn... It looks very impressive and does not take much time for styling.
Many lay out a path from wooden elements.
Sawed wood circles are sunk into the ground, they fit very tightly to each other. Between them is usually planted lawn... Some craftsmen use bottles as a material, which are buried in the ground. However, such a track will not last long.
There are many options for creating an original path. The main thing is to initially plan its direction and think over the styling method. Don't make it too wide or too narrow. The optimal width of the track will be 0.7 m - two adults of average build can easily disperse on it. Also consider the fact that children will run along the path - the paths must be safe and without high drops, otherwise injuries cannot be avoided.
It is possible to organize a unique flower garden in a small area, if the place does not allow to break up a large full-fledged flower bed:
- Gardeners resort to various tools at hand - old flowerpots, wooden pallets, trellises, old shoes, plastic bottles, cans and wooden elements.
- One of the most effective design solutions is the breakdown of a flower garden in the stumps of sawn trees, birch logs. Depressions are cut out in the trunks and covered with substrate. Next, creeping plants or small-sized flowers are planted.
- The stumps are also covered with moss along with bright, small flowering plants such as pansies.
- Old flowerpots can be beaten profitably. There is an unusual solution - stringing the pots on a metal rod, followed by planting flowers in the resulting pyramid. For this, one large, wide flowerpot is taken and several small ones, smaller in size and diameter. The pots should have center holes. Pots are strung on the rod, starting with the larger one. The flowerpots are filled with substrate and sown with flowers according to the gardener's taste. Smaller containers set slightly to one side. It looks very impressive and elegant. The flower bed does not take up much space - ideal for small areas.
- You can use old, preferably torn shoes with rubberized soles. The shoes are covered with earth and sown with flowers. Usually, this solution is resorted to when arranging a recreation area. Slippers are placed against the backdrop of greenery, next to gazebos or garden figures.
- You can also organize a small flower garden using plastic bottles. They are needed to form different heights on the pile of earth. The bottom of the container is cut off and deepened into the ground at different heights. As the plants grow, they will hide the containers, there will be a feeling of a cascade of greenery and flowers.
- Wooden barrels can be used under the flower garden. They are planted with cascading species of flowering plants or overturned and imitate the water flowing out of it in the form of small blue flowers, for example, lobelia... It turns out effectively and creatively.
A garden pond does not have to be made with expensive equipment and materials. You can do it yourself from improvised means. However, you still have to work hard. If you want to equip a small reservoir, you will need a tractor tire:
- The material is cut lengthwise and deepened into the ground.
- To do this, you need to dig a hole in advance that is suitable for the size of the tire. The deepening is covered with a building pad and compacted.
- A tire is installed on it and covered with a film.
- Then an arbitrary layer of beautiful sea or river stones is lined at the bottom.
- The film is folded over the edges of the tire and covered with earth.
- The edges of the reservoir are decorated with decorative stones and planted ferns and flowers to the taste of a gardener.
- Then the reservoir is filled with water.
That's it - the safe haven is ready. You can build a small alpine slide above it, depending on the availability of free space. Often this type of body of water can be found in the secluded corners of the garden - next to trees and among lush greenery.
Water springs can be decorated with small garden figures.
By this principle it is possible to construct mini-lakes from any material capable of retaining water. Gardeners recommend that, along with the construction of a reservoir, consider ways of further draining water, which is important. Finally, one of the most enjoyable décor elements is the arrangement of various decorative garden figures.
Recently, it has become very fashionable to use garden figures in landscape design. In the garden centers you can find a large selection of figures of fairytale heroes, mythological gods, animals and plants. But it's more interesting to make such works of art yourself. It is not easy, but possible. To do this, the gardener will have to learn how to carve wood or stone, show imagination and creativity.
Figures can be made not only from wood or stone, but also from plaster, plastic, old pots, or even foam.
The main point in this process is the creation of the frame for the future figure. It can be made from flexible but strong wire. For example, small clay pots will be strung on the created skeleton of the figure. It is in the frame or mold that gypsum or cement is poured.
Figures can also be made from wooden elements. For example, various animals can be tied from cut branches and cut grass. An ordinary nondescript stone can turn into a hedgehog or another hero, if you take up a brush and draw the necessary features of the animal. The gardener can be creative with any material. Of course, it is easier to purchase ready-made figures. Moreover, now garden accessories are made of durable material that can withstand temperature extremes and changing seasons.
Decorating your garden yourself is not only possible, but also very interesting. The main thing is to observe one rule - everything should be in moderation. You should not install many large figures if the area itself is small and vice versa. Try to harmonize the territory and give it an element of surprise so that guests can walk around the site with surprise and interest, finding unusual corners. Creative luck to you!
More information can be found in the video.