Water pumps for summer cottages: types, types and features of use
A dacha is a place where a city person comes to take a break from problems and bustle, communicate with nature and enjoy the clean air. However, modern summer residents are not ready to give up the usual urban amenities, such as water supply and sewerage, in addition, few people want to spend their weekends manually watering the garden. Water pumps will help to solve many everyday problems and simplify work in the garden: today you can choose a wide variety of types of pumping equipment for giving. How do they differ, and what is better to buy?
- The main types of suburban pumps
- Pump types by design
- Which pump is better to choose for a summer residence
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Centrifugal Pumps
Any pump is a device for pumping liquid, but they can perform a variety of functions. According to their functional purpose, pumps are usually divided into several main types:
- Water-lifting. As the name implies, the main purpose is to raise deep groundwater; this technique is used both for domestic water supply and for watering plants in the garden and vegetable garden. By design, they are divided into submersible and surface.
- Drainage pumps perform exactly the opposite function: they are needed in order to pump out excess water and drain it away from the house. Drainage pumps are also divided according to their functions - they can be used to pump water from septic tanks and cesspools, drain basements, etc. Their main feature is that they can pump not only clean water, but also sewage with sand and various solid and liquid waste. A separate variety can be called fecal pumps - they are designed directly to remove the contents of cesspools during sewage work.
- Circulation pumps are used for heating and plumbing systems. They provide forced circulation of water and maintain an even pressure in the system. The use of such pumps allows you to heat large two-story houses, and at the same time the temperature will be the same in all rooms.
All of these types of pumps require an additional source of energy: most often electrical equipment is used, but in some cases it is necessary to use self-contained liquid fuel pumps. For small amounts of work in the country, for example, pumping water from a shallow pit, you can purchase a hand pump: working with it will be laborious, but effective.
Although all pumps work according to the same principle and perform similar functions, several types are distinguished by design:
- Superficial. Such equipment is most often used for glaze plants, if there is an equipped well or a reservoir with water suitable for technical use in the country. The maximum suction depth for different models offered on the market is 5-9 meters, which is enough to complete the task. If you need to ensure the water supply of the house with clean water from a well, you can use a pump with an ejector - it will raise water to the surface from a 40-meter depth.A variety of surface pumps are vortex and centrifugal systems. They have the same purpose, but differ in design: in the first case, water rises when pumping under high pressure conditions, in the second case, the decisive role is played by the centrifugal force arising from the rotation of the impellers.
- The submersible type is used to lift water from great depths, while it can be installed in both plumbing and sewer systems, in addition, it can be used when draining an area. Drainage and sewage pumps of this type allow you to work with contaminated water, even with a large amount of impurities. The submersible type includes well pumps with a float: they turn on and off automatically as soon as the water level is above or below the critical mark.
The choice of a certain type of pump for a summer residence depends on what function it has to perform. Each of them can become a tireless worker who will constantly simplify the life of the owner and perform huge amounts of work every day.
Manufacturers today offer dozens of brands with a wide variety of technical characteristics, and sometimes it is difficult to decide which pump to choose for a summer residence. You need to focus not only on the type, but also on the set of functions and capabilities: the same type of equipment from two different manufacturers will give a very different result.
The choice of a pump directly depends on its intended use and on the characteristics of the suburban area.
First of all, you need to decide on the type of energy: if there is electricity in the country, then it is preferable to immediately choose a pump with an installed electric motor. Gasoline or diesel equipment is less reliable, in addition, such engines are noisier, and an unpleasant smell of fuel will cause a lot of inconvenience in the country. However, if there is no other option, then an autonomous pump will provide an effective solution to the task.
When choosing characteristics, you need to pay attention to the performance of the pumps - this value shows how many cubic meters of water it can pump over in one minute. The required performance depends on the need for water and the number of taps in the house. When assessing the planned consumption, it is necessary to assess the number of people who will permanently reside in the house, the installed plumbing, the presence of a washing machine and other large consumers. With the right choice, the installed pump should provide the optimum pressure in the system. If it turns out to be insufficient, it will not be possible to use all the capabilities of the equipment, and water will be constantly in short supply. However, overpressure can also become a problem and lead to all kinds of accidents.
If you need to ensure periodic pumping of rainwater from tanks, then an automatic pump with a float will be the ideal solution.
It will react to capacity overflow and turn on independently, without human intervention. This will simplify the work in the country, and at the same time order will be maintained on the site.
One of the most common and reliable types of pumping equipment is a centrifugal pump: it is most often used in summer cottages if you need to provide a continuous supply of water. It is capable of handling large volumes of water for a long time, while its supply can be adjusted over a wide range.
The principle of operation of such a device is quite simple, which ensures its long-term service without breakdowns and accidents.
When the central impeller rotates on the shaft, centrifugal force is generated. The wheel has blades that capture water, and centrifugal force throws it into the feed chamber, from where it enters the pipeline under high pressure.After that, the space between the blades of the wheel turns out to be empty, so a new portion of water is drawn into it, and the cycle repeats. Thus, a continuous supply of water is ensured and the device can work for a very long time.
Centrifugal pumps have several important advantages over other pumping systems:
- Compact design: small diameter and low weight make them the optimal solution for use in the country, they can be installed even in narrow wells. At the same time, they have high power, this provides them with high performance in a small size.
- Their small size and simple design make them easy to install and quick to start up. We can say that these are the most convenient equipment for a layman; they can be installed without any special knowledge and skills.
- Profitability. This type of pumping equipment has the highest efficiency among other groups, so the energy consumption will be small with high efficiency.
- Unpretentiousness. When properly installed and operated, it will not require many years of repair and no time-consuming maintenance.
All this makes the installation of a centrifugal pump in the country one of the most profitable solutions. However, it also has some drawbacks that must be taken into account. Unlike submersible sewage pumps, this technique can only be used to work with clean water, and to protect against the ingress of impurities into the system, you will need to install a strainer. It needs to be changed periodically to protect the equipment and prevent efficiency degradation. In addition, centrifugal pumps have a number of restrictions on the temperature of the working environment, and they cannot work with reactive fluids. This will not allow it to be used, for example, for pumping sewage water.
Thus, its main purpose is to supply water to the house, as well as to supply water for the organization. glaze plants.
Choosing the right pump and installing it will make life much easier in the country and make it more comfortable. A wide range of equipment will make it easy to find a suitable model, and it will be as economical and efficient as possible.
More information can be found in the video.