Vitamins in beetroot and the medicinal properties of beetroot juice
Roots beets and its tops for medicinal purposes were used even before our era by the ancient inhabitants of the planet. They began to use this vegetable in cooking in the Arab countries, from where it began to spread to the countries of India and Greece, and by the beginning of the tenth century it reached Russia, where it gained wide popularity.
People do not often think about the wisdom of mother nature, but it is she who provides humanity with all the necessary medicines. Root vegetables are amazingly keeping quality and therefore everyone has the opportunity to extract fresh juice from them throughout the year.
- Beets are a storehouse of vitamins
- The use of beet juice in the treatment of diseases
- Slimming beet juice
- Who is contraindicated in beet juice?
- The correct preparation of a healing drink
- Methods and rules for the use of beet juice
- Secrets of Growing a Good Harvest
Roots beets have a rich burgundy color. The natural dye betaine is responsible for this, which, together with pigment substances from the glycoside group, helps to cleanse the blood from cholesterol, which is the cause of vascular blockage. In addition to the cleansing function, betaine helps to strengthen the capillary walls, helps in the assimilation of proteins and relieves some of the load from the liver.
In addition to betaine, which according to the latest data is also effective in the treatment of cancer, beet juice contains a vitamin and mineral complex.
Beets contain vitamins A, B, C, K, PP and minerals: iron, calcium, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, potassium and some others.
Such a rich vitamin composition has a beneficial effect on the body in the presence of vitamin deficiencies, weakness, emotional distress, insomnia and overwork.
A large amount of pectins turns the drink into a miracle cure that protects the body from the effects of radiation and heavy metals, and amino acids with an anti-sclerotic effect prevent liver obesity, improve memory, and normalize blood pressure. Quite often, beetroot juice is used as a disinfectant for festering wounds, for rinsing the mouth and for dysbiosis.
Beetroot juice is very rich and concentrated, so its pure use is undesirable. To achieve a positive effect, beet juice is recommended to be mixed with other fruit and vegetable juices: apple, carrot, orange, cranberry.
Beet juice is effective in the treatment of the circulatory and cardiovascular system, atherosclerosis, hypertension, insomnia, in case of malfunctions in the processes of metabolism and blood formation, in case of sexual dysfunctions and loss of strength.
Also, quite often beet juice is used for cosmetic purposes and as an energy drink.
This is due to the fact that it contains salts that reduce the consumption of oxygen spent on physical activity.Consequently, the energy is stored much longer. With regular use of this drink, all internal systems are cleansed: toxins and toxins are removed, excess weight goes away, immunity increases, the thyroid gland normalizes and the body rejuvenates as a whole and improves skin color.
Features of beet juice:
- Benefits for the liver. Nowadays, a problem such as fatty liver is often diagnosed. With a daily consumption of about 200 milliliters of beet juice, this disease will soon recede. There is a proven recipe that is effective for diseases of the liver and biliary tract: fresh beet juice, cucumber and carrots take three times a day half an hour before meals, 125 grams.
- For the heart and blood vessels. For diseases of the cardiovascular system, which are accompanied by spasms and high blood pressure, it is recommended to use beet juice in combination with honey and cranberry juice in a 2: 1 ratio. In addition, this mixture has laxative and sedative properties. Moreover, to get rid of constipation, the drink should be taken in the morning on an empty stomach.
- For women's health. A mixture of beetroot and carrot juices helps to alleviate the symptoms of postmenstrual syndrome and menopause, if you drink it in an amount of 500 grams per day. Also, taking such a cocktail helps to avoid surgery for uterine fibroids.
- With oncology. Beetroot juice is used as an additional treatment for cancer. It slows down the growth and spread of cancer cells and nourishes the depleted body with essential micronutrients. In this regard, a special composition was developed: a little is added to the mixture of crushed apples, beets and carrots. ginger or lemon... This refreshing gruel is taken for three months before breakfast on an empty stomach. Such a composition is recommended for the prevention and treatment of oncology, to prevent heart attacks and normalize blood pressure.
- With a runny nose. When the nose is instilled with beet juice, the vessels expand, the swelling of the mucous membrane is eliminated and the secretion is excreted. Possessing antiseptic properties, this agent inhibits the growth of bacteria, and therefore accelerates the healing process. For this procedure, it is recommended to add boiled water, warm vegetable oil, juice to the juice Luke or carrots and honey. This treatment is suitable not only for adults, but also for children. Before using this composition, especially for the treatment of children, an allergic reaction test should be performed.
Beet juice is very often used by nutritionists in the preparation of dietary programs for weight loss. Betaine, which is part of this vegetable, is able to break down proteins and facilitate their absorption. In addition, the calorie content of beets is quite low: 100 grams of the product contains about forty calories.
The most effective in this area is considered to be an orange-beetroot cocktail, which helps to get rid of 2-6 kg in a course of ten days. At the same time, the body does not suffer from vitamin deficiency. To prepare a juice for weight loss, one vegetable and one citrus should be passed through a juicer.
The juice settles for 5-15 minutes and is taken twenty minutes before meals.
People have known about the healing properties of burgundy vegetables for more than four thousand years, and during this time a huge number of medicinal recipes based on beetroot juice have been discovered.
Along with the fact that beetroot drink is very useful, its use is not shown to everyone. For some people, this tool can cause a lot of trouble. Contraindications for the use of such a drink are the following ailments:
- with pyelonephritis
- nephrotic syndrome
- rheumatoid arthritis
- with increased acidity of the stomach
- with chronic diarrhea
- diabetes mellitus
Also, you should not take the juice for a long time without interruption, you should adhere to the prescription standards.
When preparing a beetroot drink, you should adhere to some rules:
- select vegetables correctly - the flesh should be burgundy and not have any blotches and streaks
- it is best to choose oblong root vegetables
- the foam from the surface of the juice should be removed, and the juice itself should be defended for some time to weather the harmful substances
- you can store the juice in a sealed container in the refrigerator for no more than two days. For longer storage, the juice should be sterilized at 80-85 degrees and rolled up. This juice can also be kept in the refrigerator.
The advantage of beets is their ability to be stored for a long time and not lose their usefulness, so the juice of this vegetable is available at any time of the year.
When taking beetroot medicine, you should adhere to the recipe and take into account some of the features:
- Treatment should be started with minimum doses, which are gradually brought to the required volume.
- The daily dose of the drug should not exceed 500 grams.
- Juice should be taken half an hour before meals.
- You cannot drink freshly squeezed juice, it must be defended in the refrigerator and the sediment must be decanted.
- Very rarely, the reception can be in its pure form. In other cases, the juice is diluted with water or other fresh juices.
- Also, do not drink more than 50 grams of cocktail at one time.
In order for the cultivation of a healing vegetable to be crowned with success, experienced gardeners are advised to adhere to five basic rules:
- Beet prefers to coexist with cucumbers, tomatoes, onions and cabbage... But does not tolerate beans.
- Different varieties should be planted separately from each other to avoid cross-pollination.
- Sowing is carried out in several rows, observing an interval between them of at least 30 cm, so that each beet has enough light and space for development.
- Leave at least 10 cm between the planting holes.
- Observe planting dates - late April-early May, subject to stable warm temperatures.
To ensure the most comfortable growing conditions, five basic rules should be considered:
- Fertilize ash during the development of root crops, and in the rest of the period - organic.
- In hot weather, you should arrange water procedures for crops in the form of a shower.
- To prevent pests, sprinkle the beds with wood ash.
- Seeds should be disinfected before sowing.
- When sowing, the holes are fertilized with organic fertilizers with straw.
Providing comfortable conditions for this unpretentious vegetable, you can get a high-quality crop in the right amount. All that is needed: plant, loosen, water and feed. And you can harvest. To do this, the fruits are removed from the ground, cut off the tops, dried in the shade and removed to the cellar or basement, after sprinkling with sand.
After such simple efforts, there will always be healthy dishes on the table, and in the basement there will be a cure for many diseases.
More information can be found in the video: